Berks Summer Entertaining Tips
Nothing says summer like a fabulous outdoor BBQ! The weather is nice, Berks Hot Dogs are on the grill, friends and family abound, and the air is filled with the promise of a wonderful summer season. Here are some tips to make sure that the party goes off with a bang!
- Plan, Plan, Plan. Nothing kills a party like last minute scurrying around. Don’t save everything for the last minute. Preplan your menu, do shopping ahead of time, buy your Berks Hot Dogs early. Choose side dishes that can be made a day or two ahead, like potato or pasta salads. Your sanity and your guests will thank you!
- Don’t forget to preheat your grill. Whether it’s charcoal or gas, you still want to put those dogs on a hot grill that’s ready to cook!
- Most meats and especially Berks Hot Dogs, can be grilled over direct heat. That is right over the coals or flame. But, don’t be afraid to keep things warm on the grill by putting them on the upper level. You can grill your hot dogs directly over the flame and toast the buns on the indirect part of the grill at the same time. This way every part of your meal is both hot and great-tasting!
- An easy way to oil your grill before cooking is to slice an onion in half or cut up an eggplant into slices. Dip the cut sides of the vegetables in oil and rub them all over the grill grates.
- Unfortunately, along with summer come the flies and mosquitos. Bug spray is a necessary evil, but don’t leave it near the grill! It’s extremely flammable.
- BBQ’s are fun and informal! So make it so. Choose brightly colored paper goods with a casual theme. As the host, you set the tone, so have fun and relax.
- A good trick for loading up your Berks Hot Dogs with toppings after grilling, is to butterfly (scoring the hot dog, lengthwise) your hot dog before grilling. This way, when you put the grilled hot dog in a bun, there is even more room for more delicious toppings!
- For a simple and easy trick, melt some butter and chop some fresh garlic. Then brush the butter on a few hot dog buns, next spread a bit of the chopped garlic over the buttered buns. Close the buns and put them on the grill, while grilling your Berks Hots Dogs. And there you have it, Grilled Hot Dogs on Garlic Bread Buns!!!! Yum!
- Want some Lemonade with Your Grilled Berks Hot Dogs, try this simple trick. Put some fresh or store bought lemonade into ice cube trays. Then Freeze the trays. Fill your guests glasses with the lemonade cubes and a bit of sparkling water for a festive summer drink! You can even freeze some fresh summer herbs such as basil, rosemary, lavender or thyme in with the lemonade to make the drinks even more spectacular!
- Try getting the kids involved in entertaining, by setting up a do it yourself Berks Hot Dog Bar. Have the kids help you put some various hot dog toppings into small bowls. Some suggestions are, shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, sliced pickles, diced onions, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, and even pieces of tortilla chips or potato chips. Then have the kids create their own personal style hot dog. They can get as creative as they want with the toppings and the combinations. Before long they might even be hosting their own hot dog parties!
- Hot dogs cook up fast, so for a quick little hor d’ oeuvres par slice your Berks Hot Dogs, length wise, creating a pocket. Then put some jarred jalepeno or pickle slices into the pockets. Grill the hot dogs, then cut them into bite sized pieces and serve on a platter with toothpicks and mustard. You can serve these with drinks when guests first arrive to the party!
- Who said kids and adults can’t have fun at the same party! Create a kid zone at your next BBQ. Have an arts and crafts table all set up, and leave out some water toys. Just make sure to leave ample room for the kids to run around. Believe me, you and your guests will be grateful!